Research has shown that India will bear 60% of the world’s heart disease burden within the next few years. Worse still, the age of patients with heart disease is lower among Indians than others - the average age for heart diseases to occur has come down to 30 among Indians. This susceptibility to heart diseases in India is triggered both by genetic predisposition and bad lifestyle choices.
Diabetes, heart diseases and stroke are closely related and fall under the category of “metabolic syndrome”. Agada offers a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disease. Its Protect Heart Programme is intended to people with high or moderate risk of the metabolic syndrome group of diseases. It is a one-year programme with 4 visits at 3-month intervals. The Protect Heart Programme offers participants any or all of the following services, depending on their individual situations and needs.
- Periodic meetings with our team of physicians, endocrinologists, nutritionists, educators, exercise trainers and cardiologist
- Periodic blood tests to monitor cholesterol levels
- ECG, Echo, Carotid Doppler and stress test to assess cardiac health
- Assessment of liver and kidney functions
- Medications to protect heart
- Education, diet counseling, yoga and individualized exercise training.