Boosting immunity in your kids
- Eating Almonds – Children always tend to be active, and there is no better alternative than almonds to make them energetic. Almonds are loaded with Vitamin E, antioxidants and proteins – all are necessary ingredients for boosting the immune system. They are rich in fiber hence improve insulin sensitivity. Almonds are good for developing bones. They also provide important nutrition for a developing heart .. Having just 8 to 10 almonds per day can give your child all the nutrients that are needed for developing a strong immune system.
- Spinach as a part of the diet - A solid foundation of a good immune system depends on a healthy diet. Children are more prone to get in the habit of eating junk food. Hence always have a cap on what your child eats. Ensure that your child eats a lot of fruit and vegetables as a part of his/her diet. Make sure that your child eats a lot of green leafy vegetables as a part of his/her diet. Spinach is one vegetable that is loaded with nutrients like antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins. They are good for your child’s heart and are also very beneficial for boosting up the immune system. If your child hates having them raw , you can always make them as a part of a salad or juice.
- Adding ginger in your foods –Children are more prone to cold viruses and nasal congestion. Ginger is loaded with properties that slightly increase your body temperature thus effectively fighting them. Also they are very beneficial in increasing the metabolic rate of your child’s body. They also contain anti inflammatory agents and are very good for your child’s intestine and bowel movements. Instead of eating them raw , cut the ginger into small pieces and boil them. Add a few drops of honey to this mixture and strain them before drinking it.
- Drinking turmeric milk – Turmeric can be used in a wide variety of applications and is used as one of the important ingredient in cuisines across the world. They are enriched with anti microbial properties that are very beneficial for fighting against flu and common cold. Turmeric also acts as an anti inflammatory agent and is good for your child’s stomach. Turmeric can be best added to milk and can be given to your child on a regular basis. Boil milk and add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it and mix well. For best results add a pinch of crushed black pepper and to sweeten it add a few drops of honey and mix well.
- Having eggs regularly –Your child’s diet plan can never be complete without the inclusion of eggs in his/her meal. Eggs are a major source of proteins to your child and they are very beneficial for developing a robust immune system. They are also loaded with antioxidants and enriched with vitamins and minerals. They are known to promote good eyesight in your children and also help majorly in the development of brain cells. Eggs can be had in many formats- scrambled, boiled, poached as per your child’s liking.
Child growth is an art by itself. This is the stage where the nascent stages of the child begin to undergo a transformation. Naturally, this becomes the stage when a child gets susceptible to many diseases and illness. Your baby's immune system would continually strive to ward off these diseases. However, since a child's immune system is yet to get its full potential, he/she may fall sick often. Some of the common ailments can include viral infections, flu, stomach disorders and the common cold. Your doctor may advise that these ailments are the natural way for a child's body to get an active immune system. However, it does not mean that the child has to suffer and there are many natural ways by which child's immunity can be boosted up. Certain lifestyle changes and some diet are all that is needed to achieve this. Let us have a look at some of the common ways by which a child's immunity can be strengthened.